Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A few things...

Great job on Sunday and thank you for all of your help. Special thanks to Peter and the rest of the Dominguez family for letting us use of their pool and to Robert and Chris for the use of their trucks to transport the Sub and our scuba gear. I still can't believe everything came together so quickly, I thought it would be at least a month or two before we got that thing in the water, let alone working!

As you all know, there's still a lot between where we are now and our first ocean dive, so let's get to it! As Peter stated in his last blog, the functional things we need to improve upon are as follows:
  1. Ballast Tank Seals- There needs to be some type of o-ring. Also, some adjusting still needs to be done to the new pull cable in the aft seal. It doesn't close all the way right now even though it did in the pool.
  2. The Seat Covers- For both the pilot and passenger seats, the covers need to be attached to the seats so they don't float off when the ship is in the water.
  3. Moving the Boat- especially getting it out of the water.

I'll start looking around for parts that we need and I'll post the next meeting date as soon as we have one.

All the fixes are minor and I agree with Peter, that we could probably fix all these things in one day with preparation. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't work on other aspects simultaneously. I know Jesse is anxious to get working on the motor and power supply and I'm sure Robert would like to get started on paint ideas. Personally, I would like to see some simple gauges (like depth tempature etc...) installed into the Instrument Panel.

I would also like to get a better domain name as it is very hard for people to remember "yellowsubmarinproject.blogspot.com". Does anyone have any ideas (look if it's available before you post)? YellowSubmarineProject.com is available, but I almost feel like that is too long and we can probably do better...

Anyways, here are some more pics that I stole from Courtney's facebook.



3 comments:

  1. She don't yet have herself a name Captain - *yarr* it's frightful bad luck to move websites when yer Submarine doesn't have a name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, you be right sir... I like the name that you came up with. Shall we run it by the rest of the crew?

    ReplyDelete